Badass Smoked Deviled Eggs
Who says you can only smoke meat? We’ve got a kick-ass recipe for Badass Smoked Deviled Eggs from Instagram user Matt Roach (@greatbalance) that features our Apple Brandy Barrel Smoking Wood Chunks.
These chunks, which are also available as wood chips, will add layers of complex flavor to just about anything you smoke them with, even these deviled eggs.
Here’s what Matt had to say about his recipe:
“They’re bombalicious!! Hard boil ‘em, then smoke ‘em for about 30 minutes low temp. Let ‘em cool then slice ‘em in half and make my badass smoked deviled eggs with candied bacon. I dare ya to stop at 10!! I can’t post a picture here but I’ll send you a couple pics and you can post ‘em!! 🍺🥚”
Thanks to Matt for sharing his recipe with us! Do you have a smoked meat or even a barrel-aged beer, spirit or cocktail recipe featuring a Midwest Barrel Co. product? We’d love to share it with everyone! Just send us an email and we’ll be in touch.
Now, without further ado, the recipe...
Recipe: Badass Smoked Deviled Eggs
Note: This recipe is for 48 halves (or 24 eggs). You can adjust the recipe to account for fewer or more eggs.
- 2 dozen eggs (48 halves)
- Apple Brandy Barrel Smoking Wood Chunks
- 2 tbsp Best Foods or Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sierra Nevada Porter Mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp onion and chive cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli
- Your favorite BBQ rub
- Enough chopped, cooked bacon to top eggs
- Hard boil 2 dozen eggs. This recipe will make 48 halves.
- Peel the eggs. Smoke for 30 minutes on Midwest Barrel Co Apple Brandy Barrel Smoking Wood Chunks.
- Let the eggs cool before slicing them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp Best Foods or Hellman’s Mayonnaise, 1 tbsps Sierra Nevada Porter Mustard, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsps crushed online and chive cream cheese, 1 tbsp Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli.
- Crush the yolks into a paste. Mix well. Make sure you remove all lumps.
- Pipe or spoon into smoked egg white halves.
- Dust the top of the eggs with your favorite BBQ rub and top it all off with chopped, cooked bacon mixed with the BBQ rub.
That’s all! Your Badass Smoked Deviled Eggs are ready to enjoy.
Send us your recipes
Don’t forget – if you have a recipe that uses one of our products, then we want to hear from you. Send us an email with your recipe!