- American Oak Aging Barrels
- Perfect for aging your choice of liquor
- 1 Liter Barrel Comes with a stand & spigot
- 100+ designs to choose from
Handcrafted by a multi-generational team of master coopers, these small format barrels are medium charred and made of 100% American White Oak. The delicious caramel character will lend a unique flavor to your favorite wine, spirit, vinegar, or hot sauce. Because these craftsmen follow exacting standards, sanding and tapering the wood, our barrels are made without any nails or glue that can interfere with the taste of your custom blend.
These barrels are just the right size to fit comfortably on a kitchen counter or be displayed proudly in a home bar.
Important Note: These barrels are built to withstand the test of time and are meant to be used over and over. When you’ve achieved the desired taste, just move the contents back to a bottle (where the aging stops) and start again on your next creation.
Need it personalized? Head on over to The Laser Lab to see all our customization options.
Small Barrel Specs
These babies are brand new – never used. Originating in Mexico, our small format barrels are made with American Oak with a Medium Char. All liter barrels come with a stand and spigot.
1 Liter Specs:
- Dimensions: 4.375×4.375×5.75 in.
- Volume: 1 Liter
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Bung Hole Size: 1/2 Inch
- Method: USPS Priority Mail, UPS & FedEx
- Delivery Time After Shipping: averages 2-4 days
These are brand new handcrafted barrels which are inspected prior to shipping but no additional modifications are made.
Your Care & Filling Instructions
- Are the bands loose on your barrel? Don’t be alarmed if they are – simply slide them back into place and tap down tight with a hammer and a screwdriver. Your new barrel is dry and the bands may be loose before swelling with hot water.
- Start by rinsing your barrel three or four times to remove any loose charred wood and debris.
- Fill your barrel full of HOT water and insert the bung. Keep it full until any leaking ceases (most new barrels will leak a little before they are completely swelled). This may take as little as one hour or as long as a week or more (the larger the barrel the longer it can take).
- Remove the water and pour in your beverage of choice to begin the aging process. Continually sample over time until desired taste is acquired. Compared to large barrels volume, small barrels will age your beverage must faster as there is more surface area in the smaller barrel.
- With Spigot: The bung must be removed to vent barrel before liquid will pour from the spigot.
- No Spigot: Our distillery grade barrels do not come with a spigot hole. If you require a spigot, simply drill a hole into one of the heads and tap in your spigot.
- Important: These barrels can be reused many times as long as they are thoroughly cleaned after each use.
For larger barrels without a stand, it is recommended to store them horizontally with the bung hole on the top.
Remember: this is a new barrel so your beverage will pick up the oak flavor, and barrels must be swelled with hot water prior to filling.